Speeches and Publications
Mr. McMahon has numerous publications and speaking presentations to the motor carrier, broker, and insurance industries over years of practice, the most recent being:
- Publication: Transportation Law Digest, October 2015, “Brokerage Victory: Negligent Retention of Motor Carrier Claim Dismissed” (addressing transportation brokerage exposure for cargo and motor carrier liability). Read Article…
- Presenter and CEU Seminar to Florida Department of Rehabilitation, Tallahassee, Florida, April 2016 on Liability Defense and Accident Reconstruction Litigation.
- Speaker and Presenter to Gallagher Bassett in Miramar, Florida, July 8, 2015, on preservation of EDR data from commercial motor vehicle black box.
- Speaker and Presenter to American National Property and Casualty (“ANPAC”) on “Combating Rambo Litigation Tactics”, June 19-21, 2013.
- Presented Cargo Loss and Maritime Law Seminar to Chubb and Chartis, April 15-16, 2013.
- Panel Chair Presentation to CLM members on “Brokerage Exposure to Cargo Loss and Bodily Injury Claims”, April 10-12, 2013.
- Publication: Broker Exposure for Motor Carrier Negligence Expands by the Millions: The Heyl Logistics Verdict, July 31, 2014.
- Presentation: The Transportation & Logistics Council, Inc. Workshop on Broker Exposurej, March 14, 2014.
AV Rated By Martindale-Hubbell®: Mr. McMahon holds Martindale Hubbell’s highest AV rating. This is the gold standard, representing the height of professional excellence, legal ability and the highest of ethical standards that guide clients in choosing the attorneys best able to handle their needs. Only about 5% of attorneys are AV rated. Additional information about Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ is available at www.martindale.com.
Copyright 2017 Law Offices of J. Scott McMahon | Attorney Web Design Off the Page Creations
Attorney Advertising. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Transportation Law Association
Conference of Freight Counsel
Defense Research Institute
Florida Trucking Association